I was playing an aram on League of Legends, and I was Zilean. I was chasing down a gangplank,
who was almost dead. For some reason, my
ultimate was a mass slow and stun, instead of the whole revive thing. Anyways, when I finally caught him with a
time bomb, he died, and then a chest
spawned there. It was then that I was
myself again, and we were in a long, dark hallway. The chest was still there, and I knew we
might need it to survive, so I opened it to check it out.
The first thing I felt was an arm. I thought, oh great, someone left there arm
in here, and then moved on. I saw some
gold, and a lot of moldy bread. I kept digging,
to see if there was anything else. That
was when someone said “Where’s Dan?” I
finally looked back towards the arm, and realized it was connected to a body,
the body of Dan Hodun. I was in tears as
I rushed him to the med unit, with Dr. McCoy by my side. We tried to revive him, but nothing would
work. McCoy said we should at least find
out what had killed him, so we could avoid it ourselves. He left to go get some equipment, and I
started talking to Dan. This isn't some
creepy sort of talking to the dead, more like the silence in the library sort,
if you are a Dr. Who fan. I told him how
strange it was that I was the only one who could talk to him when he was
dead. He said, “Yeah, that is kinda
strange. Wait, where else have I been
dead?!?” I reminded him of a couple of
times that were close calls, but he couldn't remember me talking to him. It was then that he started to
deteriorate. The only way we could
continue to communicate was through a computer interface. We would take turns typing. After time, even that began to fail. He started typing gibberish, and then nothing
at all. I was so very sad to see him go.
No comments:
Post a Comment