Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Special

I was riding the school bus home, like any normal day, and was talking to this small kid. He seemed like a nice guy, and we got along quite well.  When we got to our stop, We said goodbye, and I went on my way.  halfway to my house, however, I realized that I could hear breathing that wasn't mine.  I looked back at my backpack, and realized the kid had somehow gotten into my backpack without me noticing.  He said someone was following him, and he needed to get away from him.  He spoke of a meeting that was happening in an hour at a secret base in the southern part of Idaho.  It was a convention of sorts, for superheroes, or those with powers.  He really needed to get there, so I started walking.
Inside the base, as we approached it, two people were talking.
"He's late."
"There's someone with him.  He's a mutant. a Robert...  Wight."
"Get rid of him.  We can't have other supers sniffing around."

We came to a fence, that was locked.  We couldn't find a way through, but the boy said that I could get us through.
"How?" I asked.
"Just think, and it will happen."
I imagined the fence disappearing, and it was gone.  We went forward, cautiously.  We decided it was too risky to be wearing just normal clothes, so we changed into two spiderman costumes I had in my backpack. The boy had such a fro that it stuck out of the suit, but still, it covered his face, so all was well.  We went on, and finally got to a building.  When we looked in the window, it was mostly empty, with some computers along one wall, and a cage near the ceiling.  There was slumped figure in the cage, wearing a spiderman costume.  We opened the window quietly, hoping noone was in there.  We flew (using my telekinesis) to the cage, got in (the top was open), and started to check on the man in the suit.  suddenly, the lights went on, and the top of the cage sprang to life.  We were trapped.

No comments:

Post a Comment