Sunday, June 9, 2013

IV Trip

A group of us from intervarsity had stopped at a rest on the way to or from somewhere.  Up, in the distance, there was a huge rock formation, kind of like jump off ridge behind my house back home.  We were just talking, getting water, and suddenly, there was a huge bang sound, and some people just disappeared.  I knew somehow, that it was a huge magnetic pulse.  I looked around frantically, to see if Kat was gone too, but then I remembered that she had gone to some concert, and so was a little ways away.  I went over just to make sure she was ok, and I saw here in the distance, climbing up some stairs, and I knew everything was ok.  Just then, I looked over at the rock formation, and it was cracking.  From the very center, at the bottom, a line of rock was cracking, and coming apart altogether.  The mountain started to fall on all of us, like a wave crashing on the shore.  As it fell, everything was slow motion, and the one thing I had time to do, was to thank God for what a wonderful life I have had.  Then everything was dark.


When I awoke, I wondered if it was heaven.  I was on the shore of some sort of lake, a lake that had tons of bits of rock in it.  I had some pain, but not overwhelmingly so.  Somehow, it seemed, I had survived.  So, of course, we went to Disney World.  While there, we met an old woman who worked there.  It was me, Kat, Sarah, and Kathy.  We had been talking to her for quite some time, and it was getting near closing, apparently 3 AM on this night.   She said it would be ok if we stayed later, because she was with us.  It was at that moment, that Ariel crawled out from under a ramp, bleary eyed, and holding a stuffed animal.  Diana had already left some time ago, but there Ariel was, and we knew we needed to figure something out.  Kathy suggested she take the bus home.  She said she knew the bus driver, his name was Sam, and that he was really nice, and that the way home would be really easy, and that she would be fine.  I was not so easily convinced, but what other choice did we have?  

1 comment:

  1. haha of course i would leave Ariel by a rock. At least she had her stuffed animal. :)

    ReplyDelete