They were going to turn me into an android, and I had to think fast. They had sent me along a belt, that was moving towards a room that I knew would do the first step, taking my head off. As I got closer, I saw something in the room that looked rather less dangerous than the knives waiting there. There was a soft, flesh toned contraption, that looked like a brain on the outside, with tons of grooves and ridges, but it was empty, and it extended at the top and had a cord of the same material that led to the ceiling. When I got to the room, I dodged the knives, and put the brain-like thing on my head. I suddenly found myself able to control the other androids.
The owner of the plant, one of my former teachers, came running, and when he got to the room I was in, I had two of the androids there hold him. I took his keys, the keys to the factory, or so I assumed, and had them put him in a cylinder container that was on one of the walls. It looked to be made of glass, and was slowly emptying the whole time. When he was put in it, he began to leave the container as well, beginning with his feet. There was only a small tube leaving the bottom of the container, so I assumed it would not end well for him. I looked down, and examined the keys he had given me. There was really only one key of importance, the skeleton key. I took that one, shoved it in my pocket, and left the others. I went back to my dorm, which was in the basement of the factory, and waited.
About a half hour later, the owner was back. He called two of his androids (which were now back under his control) and they held me. He didn't realized that I still had the skeleton key, so he didn't take it from me. He took me back up to the converting floor, where I had previously almost lost my head. He showed me what had happened when I thought he had died. He put first a Christmas tree into the cylinder, and then brought me out to another room, where, as the tree disappeared in the other room, tiny bits were flying into this room, and reassembling themselves. To show how it worked on a human, he had the androids put Darrell into it, and I watched him get reassembled. When he was put back together again, however, it seemed he was not all there. He just stood there, staring blankly ahead. The owner ran over to him, concerned that it had gone so badly, and my sister (Julie this time) and I took our chance. We ran over to a car that was there, a jeep, and I gave her the skeleton key to try to start it. Unfortunately, the skeleton key had broken while it was in my pocket, so the car wouldn't start. I gave the engine a burst of energy, and it started. In it, we flew up, and out through a window, to our freedom.
No comments:
Post a Comment