We were in my dining room, playing cards, as we did almost every evening, when there was a tapping on the sliding door. I saw this terrible creature, a mix between a giant falcon, and a lizard. I knew I had to face it. I walked over to the door, and went out. When I got there, told God that I was trusting Him to save me, and he did. When the creature was about to attack me, it's talon got caught on something. Nearby, there were bombs on the porch, that I threw at the creature with my mind, and it started to fly away. The second bomb I threw, however, caught the bird-like creature on it's wing, and took it down.
Later on, one of my sisters(Julie) was talking to my cousin(Becky) about something that had happened recently. I could tell that it was something rather significant, but I had no clue what they were talking about, so I just smiled and nodded. Julie started to get angry at me, because she thought I knew what was going on, but I told her I had no clue, and she was satisfied. Eventually, through talking with my mom, I figured out that she had gotten married not too long ago, and was already pregnant. The only problem was, the baby was growing far too fast for a normal child. At this rate, the pregnancy would last no more than 6 weeks. Some time later, a week or so before the baby was to arrive, the father came to visit. He looked like a normal person at first, but there were times when his image would flicker, or even go away for a moment. When that would happen, it seemed no one else was able to see but me, and I saw a man with green skin, and blank, black eyes. I tried to tell Julie what was happening, but she wouldn't listen.
The time finally came for the baby to be born. It was all a flurry of activity, and for most of it, I just sat around, unable to do anything useful. I waited for my sister and her new baby to get cleaned up with her husband in the waiting room. The awkward silence was unbearable. I asked him how they met, and he said that he was in the same program as her at Eastern. Finally, Julie came out holding the baby. Her husband was super excited. "Finally, we can leave!" He said. He pressed a button on his watch, and I watched as a swirling hole in space appeared in front of him. "Are you coming?" He asked. I looked over at Julie, and then I realized that he was talking to me. I walked slowly over to the portal, and looked at it more closely. I turned back towards my parents, said goodbye, and walked through the portal.
No comments:
Post a Comment