I was somewhere at a church on a mission trip for IV. They wanted us to play the music for the worship, with me playing piano, like usual. I knew that I would be speaking after we played, so I was mentally preparing myself the entire time. When the music ended, however, Pastor Josh, from my hometown church, started the sermon. He spoke of a man who was slightly mischievous, but in the end, was a good guy. For some reason, I knew in my heart that the man he spoke of was me, even though he didn't know it.
When we got back to campus, a few of my friends in the dorms were watching Barney, with one of my friends from home, and my mom. I joined them, until one of my molars popped out, and then shattered. I pretended like I was going to go check my mail, and secretly deal with my missing tooth, but my friend from home kept following me. He insisted that we play this game, that consisted of answering a trivia question, followed by a short sprint. The question chosen (it was written on a piece of paper he held) was: What ghosts visited Scrooge? I looked away from the paper, realizing how easy the question was, but when I looked back at the paper, another question had appeared. It asked; What number is in the verse Isaiah 6:13? At the time, I was thinking it was referring to Isaiah 53, so I said 1. There was another team, made up of mostly my fellow chemical engineering students, and they thought the answer to the second question was one of the first few digits of pi, so I changed my answer to 3.
Just in case you guys are wondering, there is a number in Isaiah 6:13, and it happens to be 1/10.
No comments:
Post a Comment